Customer service rep/Data Entry clerk
South Beloit, (none selected)
1st shift Customer service rep/data entry clerk
Under the supervision of the Customer Service Manager, the Customer Service Rep will offer unique and innovative solutions to customer’s issues. The CSR will also take, enter, and process customer orders. Additionally, the CSR will provide support to the sale team as needed.
- Take and process customer orders. (Most orders are called in on the telephone.)
- Work with production, shipping, engineering, data processing, accounting, subcontractors, sales and marketing, and office services to better serve customers.
- Process customers’ special requests.
- Resolve customer problems – late shipments, late payments, bad credit, bad merchandise, incorrect processing, or purchase orders.
- Resolve salespersons’ complaints and problems.
- Resolve computer problems.
- Help other employees with problems.
- EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) processing.
- ISO compliance.
- Expedite orders.
- Help solve problems with credits and collections.
- Computer data entry.
- Complete or assist with assigned projects.
- Record retention, filing, scanning, indexing, retrieval.
- Perform any other jobs assigned by supervisor.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum two years customer service experience, preferably in a distribution or manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience with ERP/MRP systems, CMS a plus.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems in situation where only limited standardization exists.
- Motivated, self-starter, team player.