We are seeking an individual for a maintenance mechanic position for our Janesville client. The shift is TBD and the pay ranges from $20-$25.
- Ensures operation of machinery by completing preventive maintenance requirements on, production machines, conveyor systems and support equipment.
- To follow sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications as needed to trouble shoot malfunctions.
- Trouble shoot machines mechanically and hydraulically.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical operation and listening for problems.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices, using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools.
- Order spare parts as necessary.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts using gages, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Make mechanical adjustments using the correct hand tools.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques and performing maintenance per the PM schedule.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supply inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies.
- Maintains technical knowledge by being willing to attend educational workshops, reviewing technical publications and establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with GMP procedures.
- Perform cleaning assignments as required.
- Follow Company, Federal, State, Local and Industry regulations.
- Insure all paperwork is completed at the end of shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a maintenance mechanic in a manufacturing facility.
- Possess the required tools to successfully perform your job duties.
- Proficient in lathe and mill work.
- Must possess welding experience.
- Understanding of basic electrical troubleshooting.
- Ability to fill out pertinent documentation neatly and legibly.
At Assured Staffing we help people and organizations realize their full potential. Our passion for improving lives and our community starts with understanding the interest and growth objectives of each. Working with Assured Staffing gives you the opportunity to direct and achieve your full potential as a job seeker or as an employer. We see equal value in all lives. We are dedicated and focused on the areas of need in which we can do the most good. Why not give us a try? We think you'll find amazing results.